Corvette Z06 weighs 2,660 pounds, packs 625 horsepower and features a high-performance suspension setup.
While the C6 Chevrolet CorvetteZ06 comes from the factory ready to storm around a road course, there is plenty of room via the aftermarket. The problem is deciding which components to upgrade and which companies to use when buying those upgrades, especially for a novice racer who has never built a track car before. Of course, that novice can buy a track car that has already been built, but how does he or she know that it has been built correctly?
Fortunately, “about2throwup” posted a C6 CorvetteZ06 track car for sale on the forum and in addition to the modification list and pictures, the OP included track videos with lap times that prove that it is built to perform
When the OP listed his wicked C6 Corvette Z06 track car for sale, he provided the following information on the car.
Corvette C6 Z06 2006 – Track / Street Legal Clean title – One of the Fastest Track Cars in SoCal
2006 Corvette C6 Z06
Set for race but still street legal – one of the fastest C6zs in SoCal (1:45 – Auto Club Speedway, 1:51 Buttonwillow)
– 625 Hp American Heritage Forged LS7 motor (545 wheel hp) w/ 6500 miles since install
– APR aero kit – wing, lip, splitter with braces
– LG GT2 adjustable coilovers
– AutoPower Roll Bar
– Sparco Race Seat
– Quick Release Steering Wheel
– TrackSpec Hood Vents
– RHR Canards
– Front & Rear Tow Hooks
– Fire extinguisher
– Clean title, street legal
– Recent smog still has cats (no mufflers)
– 2660 lbs without driver
– 2 Sets Stock Wheels – street & slicks set
– K&N Intake
– Aviaid Oil Baffle (needed for AutoClub Speedway banking)
– Oil Changed ever other track days
– Fluids changed regularly – radiator with water wetter, trans, diff
– Hawk DTC-60 Race Pads
– Carpet on had (not in the car currently)
The car has been babied and tracked/canyon once a month. Oil changed every other track day. New hubs, New brake pads, newly aligned.
Want to get out of this car to get a C5z donor for Spec Corvette. This car is fast – and capable of even more. It’s turn key for putting down the fastest lap times on any track day.
If you are looking for aCorvetteZ06to serve as a dedicated track car, this is the machine for you. It is street legal and passed California emission testing, but let’s be honest; this car is gutted, and few people are going to want to drive a gutted car on the street with any regularity. However, as track cars go, there is no question that this C6 is the real deal.