2019 Corvette Grand Sport to Pace 103rd Annual Indianapolis 500
2019 Indy 500 race will be the 16th time Corvette has served as official pace car, since 1978, and the 30th time a Chevrolet has led the field.
The 2019 Corvette Grand Sport will serve as the Official Pace Car for the 2019 Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge, leading 33 drivers to the green flag on May 26 for the 103rd running of the legendary race. No other brand or vehicle has served as the 500 Pace Car more than Chevrolet and the Corvette, respectively.
Indianapolis 500 fans also will see 33 2019 Corvette Stingrays on the roads of Central Indiana this spring and in the IPL 500 Festival Parade on May 25 in downtown Indianapolis. The popular cars are provided to central Indiana business leaders and dignitaries and serve an important promotional role for the race, Chevrolet and Corvette. This is the first time since 2007 that matching Corvettes are serving as the 500 Pace Car and festival cars.
The 2019 Corvette Grand Sport Pace Car features:
- Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat with unique GM Design Indy 500 decal package.
- Full Length Racing Blade Silver Dual Stripes.
- LT1 6.2-liter V-8 DI aluminum engine with 460 horsepower and 465 lb-ft of torque.
- 8-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission.
- Dry-sump oil system.
- Performance suspension with Magnetic Ride Control.
- Brembo carbon ceramic brakes.
- Grand Sport aluminum wheels: 19-inch front and 20-inch rear.
- Carbon Flash painted Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package.
- Competition Sport Bucket Seats.
- Performance Data Recorder.
Chevrolet has a storied history with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Chevrolet was founded in 1911, the year of the inaugural 500-mile race, and company co-founder Louis Chevrolet, along with brothers Arthur and Gaston, competed in early Indy 500 races. Arthur competed in the 1911 race and Gaston won in 1920.
Eight drivers with Chevrolet engines have combined to win “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing” 10 times, with Rick Mears, Emerson Fittipaldi, Arie Luyendyk, Al Unser Jr., Helio Castroneves, Tony Kanaan, Juan Pablo Montoya and Will Power taking the checkered flag with bowtie power...